Sunday, April 22, 2007

Thinking Blogs

Femminista and UUmomma nominated me in the Thinking Blog meme that we all seem to be playing. It has taken me a while to figure out how to respond. I've listed five blogs that I read regularly and find thought-provoking. Unfortunately, they aren't the sort of blogs where people play memes, so I think I may be a dead-end in the meme game. I'm not too worried though.

Gawker is daily media news, including publishing, and is probably my only concession to pop culture.

Boing Boing: A Directory of Wonderful Things often has work-related gadgets and stories as well as bizarre stuff. It's probably my concession to technology-related news.

Feministing represents Third Wave feminism in the best possible way. For example, a recent post points out conservatives obsession with fetuses but not children. Wouldn't want to provide actual medical care for poor kids.

The Sartorialist takes photos of people on the street. I like the fact that these are normal well-dressed people with style, and not models.

Treehugger has a wide range of posts on environmental topics, but does seem a bit obsessed with why you should avoid sex toys (because they contain phthalates). Like that's going to keep people away from sex toys.