It is not uncommon for a boss to find a current employee's resume on-line. It's also not uncommon for a boss to have current employees apply for a job advertised in a blind ad. How to Minimize the Chances Your Boss Will Know You're Looking suggests quite a few tips to avoid showing your hand:
- block your company and any affiliates from viewing your resume on career sites, if that's an option;
- keep your name, address, and current job confidential on career sites, if that's an option;
- avoid wearing interview attire to work, if work is casual;
- conduct all correspondence from home;
- use your personal email and home phone on your resume; and
- photocopy and fax resumes from Kinko's or home, not work.