Temporary workers com in many varieties including temps through an agency, seasonal workers, consultants, contractors, and day laborers.
If you are an employer and bring people in for temporary desk work, it's helpful if you provide:
- tools to do the work (e.g., a computer with applicable passwords and Internet access)
- a phone and internal phone directory
- directions to the bathroom or, even better, a floor plan
- emergency procedures
- a parking pass, instructions on how to park, or directions to public transportation
- standard work hours and standard work practices