Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Day in a Cube (Day Two of Consulting)

I think cubes may be inherently depressing.

My cube for my day of consulting in a business park had half walls, which were gray. Actually, everything seemed gray: the walls, the carpet, even the laminate desk. It was a new facility so there weren't any of the things that make workplaces slightly better like plants or art. Just gray.

If I had more time, I would have been best friends with the woman one cube over. But...such is the life of a consultant brought in for troubleshooting and last minute assistance. No work friends for me.

After I finished work around seven, I went to get a burrito at Del Taco next door, but it smelled so bad I left, drove around for a while, and ended up here. I just couldn't face going from 10 hours in an office park back to the corporate hotel.